About Me

South Wales, United Kingdom
Im forty something! Married, mum to two wonderful daughters, both very different, both very special. Im originally from Edinburgh but have spent almost 2/3rds of my life in South Wales now and so am probably as much Welsh (if not more) than Scottish. Until the age of 16 (when I left Edinburgh) I spent a lot of time with Great uncles and aunts in East and West Lothian,but also with family and friends in the centre of the city. So had an equal country and city upbringing. I would spend hours walking in the Pentland hills (with family, friends, alone), hours in the countryside, hours in the dress shops in town with my friends, trying on endless outfits I couldnt afford, hours dreaming that I would marry Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky!!) and definitely hours planning that once I had made it as an actress (which is why Paul would fall madly in love with me) I would learn to fly a plane, hopefully it would help with my developing fear of heights, star in a west end show, have a hit single and buy a ranch somewhere that Paul and I could hear the wolves howling in the distance. Then I had dreams! Read the rest of my story starting at Broken Dreams

Friday 10 June 2011

C25K

Well ive started it! App onto phone and two runs completed this week.  Quickly realised that my 'good' trainers are all wrong and my ankle is turning in - so need a trip .... somewhere (no idea where though) ... to get a decent pair before I do some damage! Still I could always run in my Asolo walking boots ... 
 
I think not!  

Its just so weird to be doing some structured (well sort of) running /jogging after all these years.  Though it was mentioned that I jog really slowly .... hmmm .... let me see, 10 plus years of not being able to run .. you work it out!

To do list is getting longer but lately seems to be so much harder to actually get to do the things I want to do, probably because new ideas come into my head daily, I see others doing things and I think 'I want to do that .... ' There isnt time to fit it all in!

Still the day will come when I can run that 5k not walk it, that I've been to the top of Snowdon, Ben Nevis and maybe even Scarfell Pike, that I've got the dry suit on and gone diving, that I've bitten that bullet and gone over the edge on some cliff (with ropes I might add) and maybe even jumped out of that plane. 

Till then, its Walk for 5 minutes, jog for 1 minute, walk for 1.5 minutes etc etc ... well its still week one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my golly gosh - RUNNING now too?! I wish I could do a decent walk, but I'm waiting for test results on what is causing this chest infection, so that I get the right anti-b's this time. I can get around, but hills are OUT!

    I have EVERY CONFIDENCE in you - you will achieve ALL your goals, I just know it. All those big peaks to climb - and you can wave to me from the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun, you still not well?? Hugs. Well lets hope they get it right this time, you have been ill for far too long.

    Well lovely girl I hope that you are able to one day be at the top along with me. Thank you so much for your confidence. It means loads to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete