About Me

South Wales, United Kingdom
Im forty something! Married, mum to two wonderful daughters, both very different, both very special. Im originally from Edinburgh but have spent almost 2/3rds of my life in South Wales now and so am probably as much Welsh (if not more) than Scottish. Until the age of 16 (when I left Edinburgh) I spent a lot of time with Great uncles and aunts in East and West Lothian,but also with family and friends in the centre of the city. So had an equal country and city upbringing. I would spend hours walking in the Pentland hills (with family, friends, alone), hours in the countryside, hours in the dress shops in town with my friends, trying on endless outfits I couldnt afford, hours dreaming that I would marry Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky!!) and definitely hours planning that once I had made it as an actress (which is why Paul would fall madly in love with me) I would learn to fly a plane, hopefully it would help with my developing fear of heights, star in a west end show, have a hit single and buy a ranch somewhere that Paul and I could hear the wolves howling in the distance. Then I had dreams! Read the rest of my story starting at Broken Dreams

Saturday 7 July 2012

When you have walked back and forward, lost endlessly on well trodden paths. When you have wandered from sad to bad, from desperate to desolate and you find yourself staring into the abyss – don’t jump in!

Don’t let yourself fall and don’t allow yourself to be pushed.  Look around you for those ways less often used, by you or anyone else.  They may not be immediately obvious, it may be that you have to search for them and it may be that you need to call out to a friend to help you.

The most wonderful paths in life are those where you have to seek the way, to push through obstacles, to explore, sometimes doubling back on yourself before you find the way.  But in the end those paths can lead you to a feeling of achievement, self worth, peace of mind, security, happiness, health or all of these. Life isn’t always a straight, flat road.  We are meant to work hard to climb the hill, so we can be rewarded with the view and the pleasure of the stroll back down.

3 comments:

  1. What wise words Fi. I shall take them to heart.

    Sorry not to have popped in recently. Life and all that.

    Envious of your bee-keeping weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun :) Aw dont worry - I know how things have been x Oh I am so excited about it - I will tell you all when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a Magic day hun xxx

    ReplyDelete