About Me

South Wales, United Kingdom
Im forty something! Married, mum to two wonderful daughters, both very different, both very special. Im originally from Edinburgh but have spent almost 2/3rds of my life in South Wales now and so am probably as much Welsh (if not more) than Scottish. Until the age of 16 (when I left Edinburgh) I spent a lot of time with Great uncles and aunts in East and West Lothian,but also with family and friends in the centre of the city. So had an equal country and city upbringing. I would spend hours walking in the Pentland hills (with family, friends, alone), hours in the countryside, hours in the dress shops in town with my friends, trying on endless outfits I couldnt afford, hours dreaming that I would marry Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky!!) and definitely hours planning that once I had made it as an actress (which is why Paul would fall madly in love with me) I would learn to fly a plane, hopefully it would help with my developing fear of heights, star in a west end show, have a hit single and buy a ranch somewhere that Paul and I could hear the wolves howling in the distance. Then I had dreams! Read the rest of my story starting at Broken Dreams

Monday 25 April 2011

Pastures New

Yesterday afternoon went for a walk to the top of Garreg Lwyd.  Nothing particularly challenging but lovely views at the top, on a really lovely day.  It was the first time in aaaaaaaaages that the four of us (me, Pete, Sarah & B) have managed to get out and about like this.

It didnt take very long but it was worth the effort.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamminiog/sets/72157626575837346/

Today B and I cycled from Loughor to Llanelli beach.  Not a long way but lovely to be by the coast the whole way round.  Pete and Sarah went for a walk to the various hides in WWT LLanelli.  In one of the hides they met a gentleman and his wife (who was in a wheelchair).  They thought they would need access to the wheelchair area (where the viewing windows are lower) and so moved away.  The man said 'No, no its okay, she's blind'.  He then proceeded to describe everything that he could see from the hide, giving details of the birds, the water, what was on the bank etc.  Now isnt that just fantastic!

Llanelli beach was really hot and busy! Thank god for suntan lotion!




http://www.flickr.com/photos/mamminiog/sets/72157626451983891/

So now back to my fear of heights.  Yesterday I tried to do something else to beat it but failed.  We perhaps not beat it but to address it! To challenge and push myself.  I paid my fee, got kitted up, walked to the top, stood at the edge ..... yes at the edge ... a serious step forward  ... but then I needed to take a step backward and go over the edge! Nope! nothing doing! So came back down.  Becky has decided that I have to do it next year ,,, we will see.  Im not sure though, maybe abseiling isnt the way to cure this fear! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment